gpupdate refreshes group policy settings from the local machine and Active Directory.
gpupdate is launched by running the executable from the command prompt. It takes the following parameters :
- /target: <computer | user> - Used to restrict updates to machine or user settings. li>
- /force - Applies setting without considering processing optimisations
- /wait: <n seconds> - Value in seconds to wait until processing is timed out. The default is to wait indefinitely.
- /logoff - Automatically log off when processing is finished.
- /boot - Automatically reboot when processing is finished.
|Diagnostic Target:||Directory Services - Group Policy|
|Obtain From:||Installed with Windows|
- Technet command reference for gpupdate