Fetching directory, one moment please ...
Utilities to query and configure file system behaviour.
fsutil supports subcommands to query can configure file system settings and behaviour. They are:
- 8dot3name - Supported on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2, this subcommand can query and set behaviour for short file name (8.3) creation. It can also scan the registry for keys that are dependent on 8.3 file names. Lastly, it can strip 8.3 names from files in a targeted path.
- behavior - Queries and configures file system behaviour for short file names (8.3), support for extended character sets in 8.3 file names, compression, encryption, last access time stamps, page file encryption, Master File Table size, cache levels for NTFS paged pool and non-paged pool usage (size of NTFS look-aside lists), quota violation reporting, bug check on NTFS corruption and delete notifications to storage devices.
- dirty - Queries and sets a volume’s dirty bit. If the dirty bit is set, the computer will run chkdsk on next system start-up.
- file - Queries allocation ranges and sets file properties such as data length and short names. file can also set ranges to zeros to empty a file and de-commit allocation units.
- fsinfo - Queries drive type, volume information, NTFS information, and file system statistics. Also lists all drives on the computer.
- hardlink - Creates and lists hardlinks. Hardlinks associate a file name with a file, allowing an underlying file to exist in the same or multiple directories under different names. This differs from a symbolic link which links the file’s filename to a directory.
- objectid - Creates, sets and deletes file object identifiers.
- quota - Manages NTFS quotas.
- repair - Queries and configures NTFS self-healing settings.
- reparsepoint - Queries and sets reparse points. Reparse points are objects that link to another file or directory, such as symbolic links, hard links and NTFS junctions.
- resource - Creates, starts, stops and queries Transactional Resource Managers
- sparse - Tags files as sparse. Queries and manages sparse files
- transaction - Queries, commits and rolls back NTFS transactions.
- usn -Creates, queries, configures and deletes Update Sequence Number journals.
- volume - Queries free space on a volume, identifies which file is using a specified cluster and dismounts a volume.
|Diagnostic Target:||OS - Files and File Systems|
|Obtain From:||Installed with Windows|
Results for Tools search
You entered the search string "".
No results were returned for this string.
Copyright © 1997 - 2016 Mission Pacific Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. ezcom, the ez logo and hard tech cafe are registered trademarks of Mission Pacific Pty Ltd. Designed for firefox and safari. Sitemap